What We Do
Leadership Santa Fe is a successful and prestigious program designed for motivated individuals who wish to learn more about the challenges facing Santa Fe and engage in the process of improving the community. The program combines interactive leadership skills training with an informative civic awareness curriculum over six weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) from September through March.
There are many benefits to joining the Leadership Santa Fe Class, including:
- Personal interaction with the top leaders of the business, government and non-profit community
- Unique networking opportunities with your class peers and community leaders
- High-level leadership management training with a premier leadership coach that will enhance your effectiveness as a team leader and improve your management skills
- Immersion into the key policy issues affecting the city of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County and the state of New Mexico
- Immediate induction into the “family” of Leadership Santa Fe alumni
Every year, Leadership Santa Fe invites speakers from our community to meet and address the class members. Those speakers have included:
- US Congressman Ben Ray Lujan
- City Councilor Carmichael Dominguez (LSF Graduate)
- County Commissioner Kathy Holian (LSF Graduate)
- County Manager, Katherine Miller
- State Representative Brian Egolf
- Senator Peter Wirth
- State Representative Carl Trujillo
- Deputy Cabinet Secretary for Human Services Brent Earnest
- Mayor of Santa Fe, Javier Gonzales
- Cabinet Secretary Gregg Marcantel
- Cabinet Secretary Monique Jacobson
- City Manager, Erik Litzenberg (LSF Graduate)
- Members of the business community
- Leaders of non-profits
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract leading members of the Santa Fe community as keynote speakers for our program. Their time and skill is a great asset to our classes.
Applications are taken in two phases: Early Phase (March 30 – June 30) and Late Phase (July 1-August 31). Applications and acceptance will occur on a rolling basis, ending August 31. The class fills up quickly, apply early to avoid being put on our waiting list.
Class of 2022 Session Dates
- Session I: Friday, September 17, 2021 – Economic Development Saturday, September 18, 2021 – Mandatory Attendance – OPENING RETREAT (Full Day, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm)
- Session II: Friday/Saturday, October 15 & 16, 2021 – Technology/ Leadership Skills Development
- Session III: Friday/Saturday, Nov 19 & 20, 2021 – Non-Profits/ Leadership Skills Development
- Holiday Party: Date TBA
- Session IV: Friday/Saturday, December 10 & 11, 2021 – Youth & Education/ Leadership Skills Development
- Session V: Friday/Saturday, January 7 & 8, 2022 – Environment & Energy/ Leadership Skills Development
- Session VI: Friday/Saturday, February 4 & 5, 2022 –Government/ Leadership Skills Training (Full Day, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm)
- Session VII: Friday/Saturday, March 4 & 5, 2022 – Health & Public Safety/ Leadership Skills Development
- Final Retreat: Saturday, April 9, 2022 – MANDATORY ATTENDANCE – FINAL RETREAT (Full Day, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm)
- Graduation: Tuesday, April 2022 – (date TBA)
*Session dates are subject to change
(Please note, attendance is expected at all sessions. We recognize emergencies and illness occur. These will be considered on a case by case basis. Absences must be excused in consultation with the program director.)
Civic Topics: Economic Development, Environment, Energy, Technology, Youth & Education, Government, Non-Profits, and Health & Public Safety.
Most sessions are two consecutive days; Friday and Saturday on one weekend out of the month. Generally, Friday sessions run from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm, and Saturdays from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm. Leadership Santa Fe holds alumni mixers from August to June. Attendance is optional, but encouraged.
Leadership Santa Fe holds alumni mixers almost quarterly from August to May. Attendance is optional but encouraged.
Are you a Santa Fe Chamber member or do want to be?
Check out our discounts on tuition as well as tuition packages. Click here to find out more.