What We Do
Leadership Santa Fe is a successful and prestigious program designed for motivated individuals who wish to learn more about the challenges facing Santa Fe and engage in the process of improving the community. The program combines interactive leadership skills training with an informative civic awareness curriculum over eight weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) from September through April.
There are many benefits to joining the Leadership Santa Fe Class, including:
- Personal interaction with the top leaders of the business, government, and non-profit community
- Unique networking opportunities with your class peers and community leaders
- High-level leadership management training with a premier leadership coach will enhance your effectiveness as a team leader and improve your management skills
- Immersion into the key policy issues affecting the city of Santa Fe, Santa Fe County, and the state of New Mexico
- Immediate induction into the “family” of Leadership Santa Fe alumni
Every year, Leadership Santa Fe invites speakers from our community to meet and address the class members. Those speakers have included:
- US Congressman Ben Ray Lujan
- City Councilor Carmichael Dominguez (LSF Graduate)
- County Commissioner Kathy Holian (LSF Graduate)
- County Manager, Katherine Miller
- State Representative Brian Egolf
- Senator Peter Wirth
- State Representative Carl Trujillo
- Deputy Cabinet Secretary for Human Services Brent Earnest
- Mayor of Santa Fe, Javier Gonzales
- Cabinet Secretary Gregg Marcantel
- Cabinet Secretary Monique Jacobson
- City Manager, Erik Litzenberg (LSF Graduate)
- Members of the business community
- Leaders of non-profits
We pride ourselves on our ability to attract leading members of the Santa Fe community as keynote speakers for our program. Their time and skill are a great asset to our classes.
Now accepting Applications for the 2023-2024 Program. To apply, DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE.
Applications are taken in two phases: Early Phase (March 1 – May 31) and Late Phase (June 1 – July 31). Applicants who apply during the Early Phase will be notified of their successful candidacy by June 15, 2023. Applicants who apply during the Late Phase and are successful will be notified by August 15, 2023. The class fills up quickly, apply early to avoid being put on our waiting list.
Class of 2024 Session Dates
- Session I Friday, September 15, 2023 – Economic Development & Affordable Housing
- Saturday, September 16, 2023 – Mandatory Attendance – Opening Retreat – FULL
- DAY/8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Session II Friday/Saturday, October 13 & 14, 2023 – Water & Climate / Leadership skills
- Session III Friday/Saturday, Nov 17 & 18, 2023 – Sustainability / Leadership skills
- Holiday Party Wednesday, December 6, 2023, 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Session IV Friday/Saturday, December 8 & 9, 2023 – Youth & Education / Leadership skills
- Session V Friday/Saturday, January 12 & 13, 2024 – Non-Profits / Leadership skills
- Session VI Friday, February 2, 2024 – Government — FULL DAY/8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 3, 2024 – Leadership skills
- Session VII Friday/Saturday, March 8 & 9, 2024 – Health / Leadership skills
- Session VIII Friday, April 12, 2024 – Public Safety
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 – Mandatory Attendance – Final Retreat – FULL DAY/8:30
- a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Graduation Tuesday, April 30, 2024, 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
*Session dates are subject to change
(Please note, that attendance is expected at all sessions. We recognize emergencies and illnesses occur. These will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Absences must be excused in consultation with the program director.)
Civic Topics: Economic Development, Environment, Energy, Technology, Youth & Education, Government, Non-Profits, and Health & Public Safety.
All sessions are two consecutive days; Friday and Saturday on one weekend out of the month.
Leadership Santa Fe holds alumni mixers almost quarterly from August to May. Attendance is optional but encouraged.
Are you a Santa Fe Chamber member or do want to be?
Check out our discounts on tuition as well as tuition packages. CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.